April 2017 Monthly Update
1) During this month, Uplift Charity donated four cars to refugee families who were in desperate need. These cars will help them to commute between work and home in a timely manner, stabilizing their jobs and will help in day-to-day activities. We encourage our donors, community members and supporters to donate their cars because this makes a significant change in the lives of people in need.
2) Our team assisted many of the new refugees arriving from Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan with much-needed furniture and other household items. We also connected them to social service benefits. We want to extend a sincere thank-you to our community members who donated their furniture to those in need.
3) Uplift team attended the Muslim Charity Association to discuss issues facing Muslim community in California and seek ways to resolve them.
4) Members of our team attended the Health Fair event held in San Bernadine and distributed 20 pieces of blankets and 60 pieces of jackets to refugees and community members in attendance.
5) Uplift team also took part in the United Way OCFSA meeting wherein issues pertaining to workforce development were discussed.
6) The Orange County Refugee Forum in Anaheim to discuss major contemporary issues affecting refugees was also attended by Uplift team.
7) Our team conducted several outreach events in Masajid across Orange County, Corona and Riverside to inform people of what Uplift Charity does.
8) This month our team has assisted many of the new arriving refugees to become registered students in their local community college where they will begin their journey in developing their communication skills and learn other valuable skills for employment.
10) We would like to extend a sincere thank-you to the community members who are donating meat on a monthly basis. This kind of donation benefits