February Monthly Update
1) Uplift Charity has donated four cars this month, to refugee families who were in desperate need. We outreach and encourage our donors, community members, and supporters, to donate their cars, which might not be of a great value to you but it makes a significant change in the lives of people in need.
2) Our tutoring program is designed to help children of refugees to receive one-on-one tutoring sessions. Due to the increasing number of student refugees interested in our program, Uplift Charity is in need of volunteers to help as a refugee student tutors. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know how you’d like to get involved.
3) Uplift’s Director of Operations had a meeting with ResCare to discuss a future cooperation agreement to help job seekers in attaining necessary experience leading to employment.
4) We would like to extend a sincere thank you to the community members who are donating meat on a monthly basis. This kind of donation benefits asylum seekers in our community since they are not eligible for government assistance food programs.
5) This month our team has assisted many of the relatively new refugees from Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan with greatly needed furniture items, household items, as well as connecting them to social service benefits. We want to extend a sincere thank you to our community members who made contributions in different ways including; financial, in-kind (furniture etc.) and by volunteering.
6) This month, our team assisted many of the new arriving refugees to become registered students in their local community college where they will begin their journey in developing their communication skills and learn other valuable skills for employment.
7) Our team has reached out and conducted several visits to the jail in Irvine to assist detained asylum seekers with emotional support, books, and commissary assistance.
8) The Uplift team attended the Orange County Financial Stability Alliance meeting to discuss the importance of financial stability and the available resources to help our community members.
9) Our team attended the Orange County Refugee Forum in Anaheim to discuss major contemporary issues affecting refugees.
10) The Uplift team attended the Irvine Tech luncheon to discuss and present opportunities for attaining job related skills and training.