Uplift Charity is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 2006 by a group of volunteers with the sole purpose of assisting those in need and helping them gain the ability to be self-sufficient. We now have 5 staff members and our focus is to work with some of the most vulnerable members of our local community and empowering them with the tools, support, and resources needed to sustain themselves. We are physically located in Orange County, CA, but operate in the Inland Empire and LA County areas as well.
The Executive Director will be responsible for implementing and expanding our current programs. Along with staff, the Executive Director will research our target audience to find new programs that will benefit the community.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience.
- Budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Board Governance:
- Responsible for leading the staff in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Uplift Charity to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support Uplift Charity’s mission.
- Mission and Strategy:
- Responsible for implementation of Uplift Charity’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that Uplift Charity can successfully fulfill its mission in the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of Uplift Charity’s image by establishing and maintaining relationships with local businesses, elected officials and community leaders to gain support and resources for programs and strategically enhance our mission.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Responsible for effective administration of Uplift Charity’s operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please email resume and LOI to email@example.com.